|May 24, 2020|
The Governor’s office shared the following: “Golf is allowed as long as the social distancing measures are in place. We categorized golf similar to a hike or outdoor activity.” This message came from the Oregon Golf Association.
To date we have taken a very proactive approach to member/guest/staff safety in regards to limiting touch points throughout the golf experience. I would like to thank you for your patience and adaptability during this time. All of our measures have been in place to not only stay available for you, but to also do it in the most responsible way. After a lot of thought and conversations with my fellow professionals we are looking to move towards some new guidelines:
- Starting Wed., April 8, golf carts will be available for single rider only. We will not take reservations for carts, they will be first come first serve.
- Flags are on the greens with a swim noodle around inside the cup. We ask that you do not touch the flags.
- Social areas: men’s card room, ladies meeting area will still be closed to gatherings for the time being.
- Social distancing is still required.
We will continue with the following:
- Our driving range is open with the mats spread out for social distancing.
- The putting green at the golf range and near the pro shop will not have flags.
- We will limit the number of people in the golf shop to 6 or less.
- Whiskey Brown’s will be temporarily closed.
- The staff has been hard at work disinfecting the golf shop, entry ways, and writing utensils.
- No rakes in the bunkers, and no water in the ball washers.
Again, thank your for your understanding during this time. Stay safe and hope to see at the club soon.
Best, Alan Reese, Golf Pro